Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I totally sold out

So I jumped on the Apple bandwagon and purchased a MacBook, which arrived yesterday. (In fact, this is my first post written on this computer!) My MacBook completely loads in 25 seconds whereas my PC (from June 2001) took exactly six minutes to fully load! (Yes, I timed it. With the second-hand on my watch. Because I'm cool.)

This is the newest model that debuted like... this week. (Apple upgraded me since they hadn't shipped my purchase yet.) It comes with Intel Core 2 Duo. Built-in Bluetooth. iLife '06. I even shelled out an extra $69 for the wireless Mighty Mouse. Do I know what any of this stuff means? Absolutely not. Will I continue to be a clueless user and waste all these incredible features by using my MacBook solely to check email and listen to my iTunes? Undoubtedly.



Last night, I also purchased the Beverly Hills, 90210 DVD. (I had a Best Buy gift card from my birthday.) It was exciting. This show made me want to be white and move to California and sleep with brooding guys with long sideburns. I'm really looking forward to revisiting that period of wide-eyed innocence from my youth.



Anyhow, I need to add one last picture from Spain (which Ines recently sent me). Here are some of us on my final night there... I think this was taken around midnight or so at the famed Catedral where we were beginning our glorious evening. We were drinking (obviously), and I think my friend even peed on the church itself. Fun times. (Who knew that cathedral squares were such a hot-spot for local debauchery in Barcelona?)

I also would like to point out that we did not "bring sexy back." Not because we aren't sexy (look at us... we epitomize sex) but because the use of that caption is possibly the stupidest and most over-used pop-culture influence to have hit amateur photography since that ridiculous trend of young women posing as Charlie's Angels from several years ago. Stop imitating everything that you see! Be yourselves, and have a mind of your own! Individuality is a beautiful thing.

Off to play with my expensive new toy that the nice-looking man on TV told me to buy.

:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home