Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I buy things to fill the hole in my soul

I'm sure that all three people who read my blog asked themselves this morning, "I wonder if Anny bought anything today, and if so, I wonder how she feels about her purchases?" Well, you're all in luck. I've been on this massive spending-money kick lately because I joined the rest of the world and realized that buying useless stuff provides me with cheap happiness and causes me to temporarily forget my general state of discontent.

Today was a big day... I went to Target AND I got my stuff from Banana Republic. Unfortunately, since I'm still a novice in the world of shopping, I made some pretty dumb errors:

1. Mean Girls DVD



In the past week, I randomly became obsessed with this film, and I watched it about three or four times on YouTube and Daily Motion. I figured I'd get the DVD at Target... but I bought the full-screen version by accident! I HATE FULL-SCREEN! But I'm too lazy to make the effort to get the wide-screen version. Oh well.

2. Banana Republic sweaters



The red sweater makes me look fat(ter).



The green sweater is way too big. I bought these online, and I'm returning both. Boo.

3. Pilot Precise Gel Retractable Rolling Ball



I somehow stupidly neglected to see the world "gel" in the packaging. I HATE gel pens (I'm a huge pen snob). Now I'm stuck with three because I already opened the package.

-----

BUT... I did buy some good stuff that I like:

4. Banana Republic earrings





I have absolutely no occasion to wear these. So I'm wearing the second pair now. With my pajamas.

5. Ralph Lauren cable hoodie


No picture. But it's awesome.



In other news, A Charlie Brown Christmas is airing tomorrow night (Tuesday) on ABC at eight. This is pretty much the best holiday special ever. An entire horrible year can be redeemed with the warm and fuzzy feeling that envelops me after watching this beautiful holiday special. (That and listening to Wham!'s "Last Christmas"... I just love that it's on the radio all the time now!)

That's it. (Not too interesting, lo siento.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home