Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I saw the most enormous rat today

So on the way to the bathroom today, I saw this HUGE rodent in the back of the store... I was confused and momentarily wondered if it were a guinea pig because it was so massive. But its disgustingly long and thick tail revealed its true genus: Rattus.

(I found out its genus on Wikipedia... the name is kind of cute, actually. [I also just read on Wikipedia that apparently on the Isle of Man, it's bad luck to say the word "rat" and they refer to them as "longtails" instead.] But yeah. It was just... sitting there. Fatly. Is that a word? I don't think so. But it WAS sitting there... fatly.)

If anybody likes to see rats, I saw them constantly at the Park Street station in Boston. Without fail. You'd think I'd see more of them in New York... but no.

-----

So I returned those two Banana Republic sweaters today and bought this sweater ("dream argyle v-neck") from J.Crew (which was five bucks short of the combined price of the former two, but I'm way more excited about this one):



I also ordered this weekly planner notebook from Moleskine online today:



I had the squared notebook from Moleskine, and it was amazing. I'm a big fan of graph paper. But it's pretty sad how much I'm looking forward to writing in this thing... I'm currently trying to decide which pen I should use to fill in the personal info page...

(I feel like such an airhead for writing about all this. Oh well. My life is fairly uneventful.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you make me want to buy things.
i'm wearing a new bra. it's exciting.

Thu Nov 30, 10:59:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home