Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Rich people baffle me

Today at work, I had to call a fashion magazine because an upcoming guest appeared on the cover last month, and we wanted some extra copies of the issue. So I call our contact there, and the guy's assistant asks me to email her the request. She gives me her email, and her name is an amalgamation of the surname of a fashion designer and a brand of a frozen dinners. I almost asked jokingly, "Like the TV dinner?" but decided that that was way too gauche to ask someone who worked at that title.

After I hang up, I start wondering what kind of life that a person named Hilfiger Stouffer (not her real name but something like that) would lead. Naturally, I Google her. Well, it turns out that her dad owns a vineyard in Napa... and that her family ARE the people who did the TV dinners!

Weird. My surname only reminds people of one-third of the Axis of Evil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home