Saturday, March 29, 2008

Moving is terrible

Moving sucks. Not because I'm leaving behind a "home" (trust me, any idea of "home" in the last decade has been completely ruined by a certain individual) but because I have to sort through pretty much ALL MY POSSESSIONS FROM MY ENTIRE LIFE. (Okay, I moved to this residence in middle school so it's probably less than that, but it's still a lot of stuff.)

Please remind me to never buy anything again that isn't edible or easily donate-able (i.e. clothing).

Certain things I've noticed about sorting through my stuff:

1. I'm finding sentimental value in everything when I haven't looked at it in years. (History notes from seventh grade? Really?)

2. I used to collect Why Milk ads... way back from like 1996. Bizarre to see a Buffy-era Sarah Michelle Gellar, pre-ANTM Tyra Banks, Clinton and Dole...

3. There were many things that I "saved" for a special occasion that never came: pretty stationery, fancy pens, jewelry-making kits, etc. Lesson? Carpe diem, use it or lose it, etc. Unfortunately, all those cliches are totally true.

4. Old socks that you were going to throw out anyway are a great cushion for packing things like fragile items like mugs or disposing of stuff with sharp edges so the garbage bag won't tear.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

It's 5:28 am right now. I HAVE TO SLEEP...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home